The Bed’s too big without you.

So here we are at week two.  All of the family has gone home. Now it is just me and the kids.The chair is empty. One side of the bed always stays made.I don’t put 5 place mats down on the table.  Now,  we are all four figuring out what this life looks like. I will say that no matter what our goal as a family is to give God the glory in all things. I keep telling my kids that this is their story too. That are not just along for the ride. They are writing their own chapter. I think this gives them security. That with God and being obedient  in what He wants from them, they can do this. I can do this. I have to say I am so very thankful for everyone that has encouraged me. Through the comments on this blog, personal letters in the mail, Facebook comments…my heart is full. I have you all to thank for this.

Okay so that is as good as it gets for me. Time to dig into the drafts of the smartest man I will ever know. So much wisdom has come from his 33 years. I love him more now than I ever thought I  could.

I’m Glad Jesus Didn’t Say…

• …”I’m close to the end; I don’t want to do anything that will upset anyone.”
  • …”I’ll wait until later to obey.”
  • …”We cannot do that; it is too hard.”
  • …”I am not sure what comes next, let’s wing it.”
  • …”I know why I am here on earth and what I am supposed to do. I just would rather be comfortable.”
  • …”You are kind of right, that will get you close enough.”

That is some good stuff. There is plenty more where that came from. For that, I am grateful. I love reading through his writings and thoughts.

Thank you again for your love, prayers and support. It helps beyond what you all will ever know.

-Mandy

Extra points if you know where the title of this blog is from…

About The Author

zac

Comments

22 Responses to “The Bed’s too big without you.”

1. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15 v 13

For “Extra Points” – Mr Sting & The Police?

Praying for you guys

• zac says:

Yes, the Police. Thank you so much for your love and support through this. Also thank you so much for the gift you gave to my family. It will come in handy for sure. I am thankful for you and the wisdom and love you gave to Zac.

2. Ethan says:

Hi Mandy,
    My name is Ethan Viglione, im 17, i am a committed christian and love the Lord, and im from Australia.
    I found out about your husband through a video he posted before he went to be with Jesus. It is so encouraging to watch that video and to read this blog. my family is going through something very similar to what you (dare i say) may be going through now.
    My father, Shane Viglione, went to be with Jesus on the same day that Zac did this year from the same kind of cancer. He was 43 and he had 6 children including me. My mother, Amanda Viglione (who my dad used to call ‘mandy’), would very much like to get in contact with you so you can share each others stories and encourage each other. Is there some way that my mum can converse with you? possibly skype?
    I think it would be very helpful for both your family and my family. It is surprising how similar my fathers story and Zac’s story are.
    love and prayers,
    - Ethan Viglione

3. margorie sondermann says:

One lesson I learned from Zac and will carry with me…He didnt say this but this is what i heard…

We shouldnt pray, “Lord, keep me healthy, happy, comfortable and safe” Rather we shoudl pray..”Make me holy, at all cost”

Praying you through what will undoubtedly be some of the toughest days you will endure, Mandy. Its ok to feel this. He is so compassionate about your tremendous grief.

4. Kelsey says:

Mandy, you have no idea how much you and your family touch me personally. I don’t know you, but I knew Zack from Pulpit Rock. You have all touched me in such a mighty way through this tragedy through your words and through your faith. God is good.
    -Kelsey

5. Allison says:

Praying for your family daily and so glad you have Zac’s wise words to comfort you. Praying you will feel the presence of the Lord with you each moment. God Bless you and the children.

Sting wrote the title of this post. :)

6. Michelle Boles says:

Hi Mandy! Just want to let you know that we’re praying for your family.
    Love, Michelle Boles

7. Anne says:

You don’t know me but I heard of Zac’s story through my church and have been following his videos and blog. I have always had a fear of getting cancer. I have also always worried about what I would do if my husband or close loved one died. Fortunately we are all born again believers but I still had this fear. Reading how you & Zac dealt with his struggles and now how you are dealing with his homegoing has encouraged and blessed me more than you can know. I have grown closer to the Lord and am living my life differently because of Zac’s story. I thought of your family when I read this verse “Trust in me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.” Psalm 50:15

8. Rose says:

Dearest Mandy and Family,
    Because of your beloved Zac… “surely he was a gift from above” and his wonderful writings and wisdom, my fears have decreased, and my FAITH has increased TENFOLD!
    Thank you, thank you for continuing this blog, I could read Zac’s writings over and over again!
    Mandy, you and your precious family will be in my heart and prayers. I so admire your faith and strength. I’ll be looking forward to more of your words and wisdom.
    In His love,
    Rose
    “Perseverance is Continuing Grace.”

9. Coug Hayward says:

Dear Mandy and kids,
    Every month I tell the background story of a hymn before we sing the hymn. Over the years, it has proved very meaningful to our congregation and many have told me they will never sing the hymn the same again. This month, June, I am using the video of Zach and telling the background story of “It Is Well With My Soul”. Tears have been streaming down my face as I write the introduction of this hymn. Before the hymn is sung, I will ask the congregation, “Regardless of the outcome of your trials, can you say with Zach, God is God and God is good and with Horatio Spafford, it is well with my soul?” This video recording Zach’s remarkable faith in God’s goodness will bless New Community Church in St. Louis, Mo. We will be praying for you and your children. I can’t wait to hug Zach in heaven.

10. Caio Cruz says:

Just to let you know, your family have been a bless to me… Tanks God, cuz He is good and his words do never change, U are blessing me… Tanks so much. God Bless you, I will broadcast this blog to all from my group at the church at Atibaia, São Paulo, Brazil. Hugs from my family to yours.

11. Scott and Michele Pickle says:

Mandy, we’ve never met but I just wanted you to know that you were on my mind today and so I came here to see if you had updated anything. I have no idea what it is like to lose your soulmate – I can only begin to imagine how complex and powerful all of the emotions and thoughts are. I know that the “next phase” of finding a new normal will be a tough road but please know that there are people all over the world standing with you in prayer for healing…for strength…and for peace. Thank you for allowing your story to touch the lives of so many people.

12. Traqcy27 says:

And now that Police song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. It’s crazy to think Z’s only been gone two weeks. I imagine it’s going to take quite a while for your new normal to feel like actual normal.

13. Deborah says:

I’m so thankful for your trust and obedience in being willing to think of others and post this gold in the middle of your sorrowing.
    Praying for you here in Canada,
    Deborah

14. Zee says:

hey Mandy,

saw a video that Zac made a few months ago and decided to find his blog. thanks for continuing to share his thoughts along with yours.

that was one powerful video for sure… and a bittersweet, because i lost my aunt and two friends to cancer… but, like Zac said, God is still God and God is still good.

*hugs* to the four of you.

Zee
    Kyiv, Ukraine

15. Fernando y Verónica Páez says:

Mandy, you are on my mind. I am praying for you, Lizzy, Jake & Luke.
    Verónica de Páez from Quito Ecuador

16. Ozzy Nelson says:

I’m glad to hear you are doing well. I am still thinking about you and praying for you and the kids.

17. Becky Loper says:

Hi Mandy,

I’m Becky, Laurie’s sister. She may have mentioned how your Zac has made quite the impression on my 8-year-old Nicholas. Anyway … just wanted to let you know that you and Lizzy, Jake, and Luke are in our thoughts and prayers.

I hear it’s your birthday today. May God’s face shine sweetly upon you especially today. I hope that you can celebrate in a special way.

18. Jacqueline Frisby says:

Mandy…it’s so sweet to hear how the Lord is strengthening you and the kids….I can’t imagine how difficult it must be without your best friend & husband by your side daily….I read facebook and the blog and read about how many lives you guys have touched….I can’t wait to spend eternity all together….I love you guys and miss you….I only hope that when we get to see you….the kids remember us….big fat hugs….

19. Melissa says:

Will be praying for you and your family… my heart aches for you and your loss. Truly God is glorified in your life and I will continue to pray for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring with your strength…

20. Melissa says:

I came across Zac’s story a few months ago and was riveted by his faith and outlook. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! I know God has great plans for you!