So here we are at week two. All of the family has gone home. Now it is just me and the kids.The chair is empty. One side of the bed always stays made.I don’t put 5 place mats down on the table. Now, we are all four figuring out what this life looks like. I will say that no matter what our goal as a family is to give God the glory in all things. I keep telling my kids that this is their story too. That are not just along for the ride. They are writing their own chapter. I think this gives them security. That with God and being obedient in what He wants from them, they can do this. I can do this. I have to say I am so very thankful for everyone that has encouraged me. Through the comments on this blog, personal letters in the mail, Facebook comments…my heart is full. I have you all to thank for this.
Okay so that is as good as it gets for me. Time to dig into the drafts of the smartest man I will ever know. So much wisdom has come from his 33 years. I love him more now than I ever thought I could.
I’m Glad Jesus Didn’t Say…
- …”I’m close to the end; I don’t want to do anything that will upset anyone.”
- …”I’ll wait until later to obey.”
- …”We cannot do that; it is too hard.”
- …”I am not sure what comes next, let’s wing it.”
- …”I know why I am here on earth and what I am supposed to do. I just would rather be comfortable.”
- …”You are kind of right, that will get you close enough.”
That is some good stuff. There is plenty more where that came from. For that, I am grateful. I love reading through his writings and thoughts.
Thank you again for your love, prayers and support. It helps beyond what you all will ever know.
Extra points if you know where the title of this blog is from…